Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I love you Dad

I got a comment from a dear friend about one of my posts where I was thinking of jumping out of a window.  She noticed how lucky I am to have my Dad.  Yes I am.  He is an amazing man and has been an inspiration for me since my husband died.  The day he died I asked my Dad "how am I going to do this?"  and he said "you put one foot in front of the other and just keep going"  He knew cause his soulmate, my Mum, had died in May, just months before my husband died.  My Dad is the most practical, sensible, grounded, smart, funny man.  He plays drums and trombone.  And he loves me and that gets me through my worst days of grief.  So thank you dear friend for noticing how lucky I am to have such a wonderful man for my father.  I treasure every moment I have with him and am grateful for the love he has given to me since the day I was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment